Vice-Chancellor's Executive Committee
This is the principal management committee of the University. The Executive Committee advises the Vice-Chancellor on all matters of strategy, policy and budget including Capital and IT plans.
Terms of reference
The Committee will:
- Endorse the University's strategic plan for submission to Council;
- Endorse the University's annual plan;
- Endorse the annual budget and forward estimates and recommend these to Resources and Finance Committee;
- Oversee and endorse the University's Capital and IT program and major projects to ensure the alignment of these activities with the University's strategic plan;
- Determine significant matters relating to University management policy and procedures as well as operational matters relating to large scale changes in academic policy, for example in areas including but not limited to:
- Learning and Teaching;
- External Engagement;
- Global Engagement; and
- Professional Services.
- Review the University's strategic risk profile.
The VCEC will meet once every three weeks.
Substitutes will not be permitted unless a member plans to be absent from the University for more than four weeks.
The following shall be ex officio members of the committee:
|Professor Margaret Gardner||President and Vice-Chancellor, Chair|
|Professor Marc Parlange||Provost and Senior Vice-President|
|Mr Peter Marshall||Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice-President|
|Mr David Pitt||Chief Financial Officer and Senior Vice-President|
|Professor Abid Khan||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Global Engagement)|
|Professor Susan Elliott||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Education)|
|Mr Ken Sloan||Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Enterprise)|
|Mr Russell Elliott||Vice-President (Services)|
|Professor Andrew Walker||Interim Pro Vice-Chancellor and President (Malaysia)|
|Professor Pauline Nestor||Senior Vice-Provost and Vice-Provost (Research)|
|Professor Zlatko Skrbis||Vice-Provost (Graduate Education)|
|Professor Chris Davies||President of Academic Board|
|Professor Shane Murray||Dean, Faculty of Art Design and Architecture|
|Professor Sharon Pickering||Dean, Faculty of Arts|
|Professor Colm Kearney||Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics|
|Professor John Loughran||Dean, Faculty of Education|
|Professor Jeffrey Walker||Interim Dean, Faculty of Engineering|
|Professor Jon Whittle||Dean, Faculty of Information Technology|
|Professor Bryan Horrigan||Dean, Faculty of Law|
|Professor Christina Mitchell||Dean, Faculty of Medicine, Nursing and Health Sciences|
|Professor Bill Charman||Dean, Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Professor Jordan Nash||Acting Dean, Faculty of Science|
|Professor John Carroll||Foundation Dean, Sub-Faculty of Biomedical and Psychological Sciences|
- Vice-Chancellor's Chief of Staff
- Secretary to EC
Other senior staff to attend by invitation as appropriate.
Meeting dates for 2017
Meetings take place normally on a three weekly cycle on Wednesdays.
|Submission dates||Meeting dates|
|18 Jan||24 Jan|
|2 Mar||8 Mar|
|23 Mar||29 Mar|
|13 Apr||19 Apr|
|18 May||24 May|
|7 Jun||13 Jun|
|28 Jun||4 Jul|
|27 Jul||2 Aug|
|18 Aug||24 Aug|
|7 Sep||13 Sep|
|27 Sep||3 Oct|
|19 Oct||25 Oct|
|9 Nov||15 Nov|
|7 Dec||13 Dec|
All submissions to VCEC should be prefaced with the one-page summary sheet (DOCX, 0.7 MB).
Professor Margaret Gardner AO
Phone: (03) 9902 9851
Ms Kerrie Edwards
Phone: (03) 9902 9851